What is Quality First?
Quality First is a signature program of First Things First. The program partners with child care and preschool providers to improve the quality of early learning across Arizona
What does quality early education look like?
Quality child care and preschool programs build on basic health and safety to include:
- Teachers who know how to work with infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- Learning environments that nurture the emotional, social, language and cognitive development of every child
- Positive, consistent relationships that give young children the individual attention they need
PHA Preschool meets the following quality standards:
- Health and safety practices that promote children’s basic well being
- Staff qualifications, including experience working with infants, toddlers and preschoolers as well as training or college coursework in early childhood development and education
- Teacher-child interactions that are positive, consistent and nurture healthy development and learning
- Learning environments, including age-appropriate books, toys and learning materials that promote emotional, social, language and cognitive development
- Lessons that follow state requirements or recommendations for infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- Group sizes that give young children the individual attention they need
Child assessment and parent communication that keeps families regularly informed of their child’s development
Please refer to the following list of regulations from the Arizona Department of Health Services:
1. Phoenix Hebrew Academy Preschool is fully covered by liability insurance as mandated by the Arizona Department of Health Services –Child Care Licensing (AAC R9-5-302). A copy of our certificate of insurance is available for viewing in the front office.
2. PHA preschool receives regularly scheduled and as needed pesticide control. Notice of treatment/spraying will be posted 48 hours prior to the treatment.
3. Our license classification (posted in the front office) – Full day care for 2’s, 3’s and 4 year-olds. The Arizona Department of Health Services, located at 150 North 18th Ave, Suite 400, Phoenix, Arizona 85007 (602) 364-2539, regulates PHA Preschool facility.